Our Health & Wellness Services
On this page
If you are experiencing a crisis outside of Wabano hours of operation, there is still help for you. Visit Ontario211 or find a support from the list below.
If this is a medical emergency dial 911.
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line 24/7 (Bilingual, Other) 1-855-242-3310
Telephone counselling services available in Cree, Ojibway, Inuktitut, English, and French.
- The Mental Health Crisis Line (24 hours a day/7 days a week) 613-722-6914
Compassionate and caring crisis support.
- Ontario Online & Text Crisis Services
Chat 2:00 pm to 2:00 am and text 2:00 pm to 2:00 am at #258258
- Distress Centre of Ottawa (24 hours a day/7 days a week) 613-238-3311
Help line providing emotional support and encouragement, crisis management and intervention, suicide risk assessment and prevention, and community resource/referral information.
Children, Youth & Students
- Native Youth Crisis Line 1-877-209-1266
24/7 crisis line for Indigenous Youth available for residents of Canada and the United States.
- Youth Services Bureau (bilingual) 613-260-2360 or 1-877-377-775 (toll free for Eastern Ontario) 24/7 crisis line available for youth, as well as chat options at ysb.ca
- Kids Help Phone (bilingual) 1-800-668-6868
Telephone, chat, and text support for children and youth.
- Good 2 Talk (bilingual) 1-866-925-5454
Confidential services for post-secondary students in Ontario and Nova Scotia.
Sexual Assault & Victims
- Ottawa Rape Crisis Centre Crisis Line 24/7 (English) 613-562-2333 24hr Line: 613-562-2333
Services available 7 days a week for survivors of sexual violence, supporters, family and friends of survivors. Accompaniment can be arranged through the crisis line to hospital and police.
- Sexual Assault Support Centre of Ottawa (24 hours/day) 1-613-234-2266 24-hour crisis support.
- Sexual Assault and Partner Abuse Program at the Civic Campus of the Ottawa Hospital 1-613-798-5555 ext. 13770
Private and confidential trauma informed services to survivors of sexual assault and partner abuse.
- Ottawa Victim Services 1-613-238-2762
Emotional support, practical assistance (alarms or 911 cell phones) or victim compensation (safe accommodation when violence against women shelters are full.
- Talk4Healing 1-855-554-HEAL
Culturally grounded, fully confidential line for Indigenous women. Available in 14 languages across Ontario.
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline 1-866-863-0511
24-hour crisis support.
- Unsafe at Home Ottawa is a secure text and online chat service for women who may be living through increased violence and abuse at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Text us: 613-704-5535