Cultural Events Programming
COMING SOON! Wabano Culture Night Education Series
Programs and Services Offered to the Community
- Culture Night Program– A program for Aboriginal families to take part in a variety of cultural activities. (Family drum circle, traditional teachings, Aboriginal crafts and more).
- Drum Circle– Aboriginal women’s drum circle (drums provided)
- Seasonal Celebrations– Inuit and Metis Day Celebrations, Spring Celebration, Fall Harvest, Strawberry Tea, Winter Solstice etc.
- Craft Workshops– Aboriginal crafts (i.e. Drum making, moccasins, cradleboard, Inukshuks, etc.)
- Ceremonies– Sweatlodge, Medicine Walks, Drum Awakening ceremonies, Seasonal ceremonies
- Cultural Supplies and Resources– Medicines, drums , videos, booklets, fact sheets, digital images.
- Outreach– Supplies and material for school presentations and information booths.
- Lunch and Learn– Monthly information sessions including staff time with Elders
- Talking Circles
- Elder consultations– one-on-one and group sessions
- Protocol Workshops and teachings on traditional medicines
- Access to Wabano’s Cedar Lodge with appointment
- Bookings to speak to an elder, cultural sensitivity training, drumming or cultural performances
For more information, contact:
613-748-0657 ext. 317
613-748-0657 ext. 222
Have questions? Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org