Pre and Post Natal Program
Welcome to our Family Wellness and Perinatal programming and support. We have the following programs: Pregnancy Circle for expectant parents, Post Natal Group for new parents with babies up to one year, and the Traditional Parenting Bundle Program for families with children up to the age of 6 yrs.
Traditional Parenting Program
Wednesdays 4:00 to 6:00 pm for families with children up to six years of age
- Opportunities to meet other parents
- Parenting Strategies using the Seven Traditional Parenting Bundles
- Elder visits/traditional teachings
- Self Esteem for parents
- How to handle stress at home
- Learn about traditional food and medicines
- Traditional crafts, baby rattles, medicine bags, drums and moccasins, jewellery etc…
- Traditional drumming and singing
Wednesdays 6:00 to 8:00 pm – Our Pregnancy Circle has started again! Indigenous women and women with indigenous partners welcome!
- Fetal Development
- Nutrition & Prenatal Health Care
- Support and pain management during labour and birth
- Breastfeeding Support
- Attachment and Bonding
- Father Involvement
- Post natal care for mothers and baby
- Resources for Parents
- Infant Safety
Pre and Post Natal Programs
For pregnant women and their partners.
When: Thursdays from 5:30pm-7:30pm
Where: Wabano Centre, 299 Montreal Rd.
Maegan Thomas – Early Childhood Educator
(613) 748-0657 ext. 380
Every first Wednesday of the month; 1-3 pm
A Lactation Consultant is present for prenatal education about breastfeeding, general questions and answers, hands-on help. Pumps and supplies available for free. Indigenous women and women with Indigenous partners welcome.
Jasmine Chatelâin – Perinatal Coordinator
(613) 748-0657 ext. 355
Have questions? Email us: email@example.com