Donate and Support our Centre
Wabano is a leader in Indigenous healthcare and demonstrates the strength, resilience and vibrancy of our community. Rooted in culture, Wabano is a place that First Nations, Inuit and Métis people of all backgrounds can call home.
Through donations and the support of our community, we are able to keep the centre running and to continue delivering innovative health, social and cultural programs.
Help support the work at Wabano!
All donations over $20 qualify for charitable tax receipt.
Become a Member and Join our Circle
Wabano is a non-profit organization, led by Indigenous people, for Indigenous people. As a grassroots Aboriginal Health Access Centre, our work is governed by the urban Indigenous community that we serve.
Becoming a member gives you the opportunity to support and be part of Wabano’s work.
- You have the right to vote at the Annual General Meeting (when membership is purchased 30 days in advance).
- You are given detailed information about the organization including financial statements and program updates at the AGM.
- You can nominate another member to the Board of Directors.
- You can apply for a seat on the Board of Directors.
To become a voting member, you must:
- Be Indigenous from North America.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Live in the National Capital Region.
- Have interest in furthering the mission and mandate of the centre
- Pay a $5 membership fee each year ($2 for seniors).
- Apply for/renew membership each year, a minimum of 30 days before an AGM .
If you cannot meet these criteria, you can still support Wabano by becoming a non-voting member. This carries an annual fee of $2 and entitles you to the detailed information package at the AGM.
Volunteering is Your Path to Wabano
Are you looking for a way to give back? Do you want to share your time and experience the Indigenous community? Do you want to learn more about Indigenous culture? We are looking for volunteers to help us in every area of Wabano, from fundraising to helping out in the office, from delivering care packages to running fitness classes.
Get started by filling out a volunteer form.
Take a Tour of Wabano
We welcome members of the Ottawa community to come in and tour our space. This is an opportunity for you to learn more about its unique architecture, our spaces, Indigenous culture and our services. Tours are offered on a monthly basis.