Wabano means "New Beginnings"
“A space is supposed to create the best of what you can be. This organization… this Wabano… this new beginning… it creates that every single day for the people who move through here.” – Allison Fisher
Before you apply, take a moment and immerse yourself in the beauty that is Wabano. We hope you consider starting your new beginning with us.
- Collaborative and Supportive Work Environment
- Comprehensive Group Health and Dental Insurance
- Employee Pension Plan (defined benefits) with matching contribution from Wabano
- Employee Assistance Program – the best in the world
- Four (4) weeks paid vacation time
- Ten (10) paid personal/sick days
- Access to cultural teachings and knowledge keepers
- Work with dynamic teams from various sectors
In our most recent employee satisfaction survey, staff said the #1 reason they worked for Wabano was because of the difference they felt they made within the Indigenous community.
Wabano is proud to be accredited through the Canadian Centre for Accreditation, a third-party review based on accepted organizational practices that promote ongoing quality improvement and responsive, effective community services.