Mental Wellness Services
At Wabano, you have access to:
- Regulated mental health professionals for individual or group therapy sessions.
- Addictions recovery specialists.
- Land-based cultural activities with traditional knowledge keepers.
- Art-as-healing for you or your family.
Get Started on your Wellness Journey
Reach out to us to begin your path to wellness. We’re here to support you.
Professional Development for Mental Health Professionals
If you work in the mental health field, you know the challenges your clients face every day on their wellness journey.
Wabano has hands-on workshops and learning experiences in how to deliver services that work… ones that are:
We’re available by appointment or walk-in for crisis support, 5 days per week.
If you are experiencing a crisis outside of Wabano hours of operation, there is still help for you. Visit Ontario211 or find a support from the list below.
If this is a medical emergency dial 911.
- First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line 24/7 (Bilingual, Other) 1-855-242-3310
Telephone counselling services available in Cree, Ojibway, Inuktitut, English, and French.
- The Mental Health Crisis Line (24 hours a day/7 days a week) 613-722-6914
Compassionate and caring crisis support.
- Ontario Online & Text Crisis Services
Chat 2:00 pm to 2:00 am and text 2:00 pm to 2:00 am at #258258
- Distress Centre of Ottawa (24 hours a day/7 days a week) 613-238-3311
Help line providing emotional support and encouragement, crisis management and intervention, suicide risk assessment and prevention, and community resource/referral information.
Children, Youth & Students
- Native Youth Crisis Line 1-877-209-1266
24/7 crisis line for Indigenous Youth available for residents of Canada and the United States.
- Youth Services Bureau (bilingual) 613-260-2360 or 1-877-377-775 (toll free for Eastern Ontario) 24/7 crisis line available for youth, as well as chat options at ysb.ca
- Kids Help Phone (bilingual) 1-800-668-6868
Telephone, chat, and text support for children and youth.
- Good 2 Talk (bilingual) 1-866-925-5454
Confidential services for post-secondary students in Ontario and Nova Scotia.
Sexual Assault Victims
- Ottawa Rape Crisis Centre Crisis Line 24/7 (English) 613-562-2333 24hr Line: 613-562-2333
Services available 7 days a week for survivors of sexual violence, supporters, family and friends of survivors. Accompaniment can be arranged through the crisis line to hospital and police.
- Sexual Assault Support Centre of Ottawa (24 hours/day) 1-613-234-2266
24-hour crisis support.
- Sexual Assault and Partner Abuse Program at the Civic Campus of the Ottawa Hospital 1-613-798-5555 ext. 13770
Private and confidential trauma informed services to survivors of sexual assault and partner abuse.
- Ottawa Victim Services 1-613-238-2762
Emotional support, practical assistance (alarms or 911 cell phones) or victim compensation (safe accommodation when violence against women shelters are full.
- Talk4Healing 1-855-554-HEAL
Culturally grounded, fully confidential line for Indigenous women. Available in 14 languages across Ontario.
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline 1-866-863-0511
24-hour crisis support.
- Unsafe at Home Ottawa is a secure text and online chat service for women who may be living through increased violence and abuse at home during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Text us: 613-704-5535
- Trans Lifeline 1-877-330-6366
Non-profit hotline run by transgender people, for transgender people.
- LGBTTQQ2SI Youth Line 647-694-4275
Confidential, non-judgemental & informed LGBTTQQ2SI peer support. There is a live chat option on the webpage.