This position is casual, on-site
You always have a smile on your face and love to greet people.
You are compassionate and caring and want to help.
You are organized and you love to be constantly busy.
Consider joining Wabano as a Medical Receptionist! Our fast-paced medical clinic requires an energetic, enthusiastic person to be the front facing receptionist to greet all of our clients.
Wabano is seeking positive, community-minded team members who are energized by challenge and motivated to serve our community.
The Wabano Centre for Aboriginal Health is an award-winning Health Access Centre that provides holistic health services to First Nation, Inuit and Métis people living in Ottawa – one of the fastest growing and diverse urban Indigenous communities in Canada. Wabano is a fast-paced, client-oriented organization that models the Indigenous values of balance, respect and community interdependence. Wabano is proud to be accredited through the Canadian Centre for Accreditation, a third-party review based on accepted organizational practices that promote ongoing quality improvement and responsive, effective community services.
Some of the responsibilities of this position are:
- Greeting clients and providing instructions for service;
- Inputting personal information into electronic medical records system;
- Answering telephone inquiries and scheduling appointments;
- Managing multiple clinic schedules;
- Preparing materials, typing notes, creating and maintaining files.
- Other duties as required.
- Post-secondary completion in Office Administration Medical, Personal Support Worker, or other applicable program;
- Minimum of two years of experience in a medical clinic;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Indigenous peoples in a historical context and contemporary society;
- Demonstrated proficiency with an Electronic Medical Records system, medical charting and Microsoft Office tools;
- Evidence of strong organizational skills, ability to thrive under pressure, de-escalation skills;
- Demonstrated knowledge of Indigenous and non-Indigenous service system in Ottawa;
- Demonstrated knowledge of programs and supports offer throughout the Ottawa area;
- Certificate in Crisis Intervention Training would be considered an asset.
- First Nations, Inuit or Métis candidates will be given priority, please self-identify;
- The successful applicant will be required to submit a criminal reference check to work with vulnerable individuals and provide proof of fully vaccinated status against COVID-19.
To pursue this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Or Apply Online below.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Wabano is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity or interviewing, please advise if you require accommodation.